Richard A. Hull
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Criminal 100%
Richard grew up in Savannah, Georgia, where he attended Benedictine Military School. He received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Georgia Southern University in 1993, and Juris Doctorate from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1997.
After graduating from law school Richard served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable James R. Tuten, Jr., in Brunswick, Georgia. While clerking for Judge Tuten, he saw firsthand how important good legal representation can be in the defense of people charged with criminal offenses and how well judges respect lawyers who zealously advocate for their client's interests. Richard took these lessons to heart and has dedicated his legal practice to helping those who have been accused of crimes. In 2005 he was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of The Federal Defenders of the Middle District of Georgia, Inc., by the United States District Court judges of the Middle District of Georgia. As a member of the Board of Directors he helped oversee the administration of the federal public defender's office ensuring that indigent defendants charged with crimes in federal court in middle Georgia received the best possible representation. For much of the past 10 years Richard has devoted his time and energy to the drug courts in Cherokee and Paulding Judicial Circuits, providing treatment as an alternative to prison for people with serious substance abuse problems.
At Cansino Blanchette Law Firm, LLC, Richard draws on over 20 years of experience representing clients charged with various violations of the criminal law, including possession of drugs, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, domestic violence, theft and other property crimes as well as many other criminal offenses.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Georgia, 1997
- National Conference of Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorneys-District Representative
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition - Judge, 2000
- Intrastate Moot Court Competition - Judge, 2004
- Georgia Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers , Member, 1999 to Present
- District Attorney's Office-Cherokee Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney, 2008 to 2010
- Public Defender's Office-Paulding Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender, 2016 to 2021
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney